DIAMOND DOGS album UP THE ROCK (2006) contains some of the strongest song material the band has ever released, and the package is signed, sealed and delivered with the superb production of Mr. THOMAS SKOGSBERG (Backyard Babies, The Hellacopters, Entombed).
The previous DIAMOND DOGS album Black River Road (2004) was embraced by the critics and has opened new opportunities for the band in countries like Spain, Germany and England. After successful touring with the new line-up, the band was more than ready to take it one step further.
– We wanted to try something completely different on this album, and knew that Thomas was the right man for the job, says Sulo. We told him what kind of sound we wanted and he took us there – England ’73!
With the cocky piano intro of first single GENERATION UPSTART, The Duke of Honk guides us right into the sound of UP THE ROCK – rough, smoky vocals brilliantly mixed with honky tonk piano and laid back guitars. The warm atmosphere brings an air of nostalgia, while the energies of the songs and the band make promises of rock n’roll for many generations to come.
The DIAMOND DOGS are bringing a steamy rock album to the party, and you are all invited!
1. Generation Upstart 3:16
2. We May Not Have Tomorrow (But We Still Have Tonight)” 3:13
3. Down In The Alley Again 3:38
4. Acting Singles 3:02
5. Turning A Shack Into A Chapel 3:29
6. Where Are You Tonight 3:28
7. Closest I Ever Been To Memphis 3:36
8. You Got Nothing On Me 2:26
9. Come Easy Come Slow 3:07
10. Put Your Hands Together 3:37
11. If I Ever Fall In Love With You 3:23
12. Make It To The Shore 3:12